Quality Care Homes for the Elderly
‘We make it personal’
Cranford Care Home, Aberdeen AB10 7NJ
We offer first class care for the elderly on a permanent or respite basis, delivered by highly trained professionals in lovely comfortable surroundings.
Our philosophy is simple; we want everyone to enjoy life to the full. We never forget that all our residents are individuals and we treat them with dignity, privacy and respect while offering freedom of choice and championing independence. We are ensuring every day is a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care.
We are looking for exceptional individuals with the right attitude, skills and knowledge who share our passion to deliver the best quality care experience. We have fantastic opportunity for a
Position: Deputy Manager
Hours: Full Time
Pay Rates: Negotiable
- Ensure that all Staff Members contribute to the best of their ability to the efficient running of the Care Centre and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Service Users. Duties will include acting up for the Home Manager in their absence and taking the 0n-call telephone.
- Nursing; interact with Service Users to ensure that their health care needs are being met and resolve any problems where appropriate.
- Residential: liaise with the District Nurse regarding Service Users health care needs
- Report any ill health amongst Service Users and make requests for GP/Professional visits where necessary
- Ensure meals are of sufficient and good quality, and that Service Users dietary needs are met
- Ensure that the Service Users Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Service Users, Relatives and other Health Care Professions, and in accordance with NMC guidelines & Company policy
- Assess all aspects of Service Users’ care needs, and provide health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required
- Assess social and health care needs of new Service Users and maintain ongoing assessment and review of all other Service Users
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Service User within the Care Centre has an individualised Care Plan. Service User Care Plans to be reviewed on a bi- annual basis or more frequently as and when required, in accordance with NMC guidelines and Company policy
- Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given to all relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same in accordance with the Company’s procedure and NMC guidelines
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Service Users personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship which exists with Service Users
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications Required:
Registered Nurse with a minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Team player
- Satisfactory Policy Check and check against the PoVA list
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Service User group
- Ability to work on own initiative
Experience of caring for those with dementia is also highly desirable
Here are some of the benefits we can offer:
- Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
- Opportunity for progression within the company
- Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence
- On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams
- Refer a friend scheme
If you think you have the right skills and attitude to deliver the best quality of care within our homes, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter
Please take a look at our careers page at www.larchwoodcare.co.uk
We look forward to hearing from you