Whitby House Care Home in Ellesmere Port are currently seeking a Bank Cook to join our team working ad hoc shifts covering staff holidays and absence. You will need yo be flexible with the hours that you can work as there may be times when you are caled to cover at last minute notice,
Whitby House Care Centre is a purpose-built Cheshire facility that offers a number of personalised care packages, from well-trained and qualified carers.
The centre performs consistently well with regulatory authorities and has an impressive record in terms of customer satisfaction.
We are looking for exceptional individuals with the right attitude, skills and knowledge who share our passion to deliver the best quality care experience.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications required:
• General knowledge of kitchen regulations
• Food safety certificate
• Communication skills
• Team player
• Satisfactory Police/POVA check
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Willingness to train on current Food safety awareness/EHO issues
• To maintain high standard of meals keeping within the budget
• Report and action any known to defects to appliances, damaged equipment and any other potential hazards. Inform Home Manager of actions taken.
• Create varied seasonal menus and keeping standards high
• Create varied menus for specialised dietary needs.
• Keep records of food/delivery temperatures and adhere to company policies on daily/weekly & monthly checks.
• Ensure all equipment is clean, well maintained & replace is necessary or applicable.
• Order/receive and check of all deliveries
• 5 Days and every other weekend
• Must be reliable and willing to work and enthusiastic about cooking
Here are some of the can benefits we can offer:
• Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
• 24 hour Telephone Employee Assistance Programme helpline
• Online discounted vouchers for several companies
• Opportunity for progression within the company
• Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence
• On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams
• Refer a friend scheme