Position ; Handyperson
Location: Hillcrest care home
Rate of pay: TBA
Hours: 37.5 hours (full-time)
We offer first class care for the elderly on a permanent or respite basis, delivered by highly trained professionals in lovely comfortable surroundings.
Our philosophy is simple; we want everyone to enjoy life to the full. We never forget that all our residents are individuals and we treat them with dignity, privacy and respect while offering freedom of choice and championing independence. We are ensuring every day is a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Hillcrest care home is a residential and a secure dementia home
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care.
We are looking for exceptional individuals with the right attitude, skills and knowledge who share our passion to deliver the best quality care experience.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications required:
• General maintenance knowledge
• Communication skills
• Team player
• Clean driving licence/use of car
• Satisfactory Police/POVA check
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Willingness to train on current Health & Safety/Fire/EHO issues
• Preferred knowledge of heating systems, laundry & legal regulations
• Report and action any known to defects to appliances, damaged furniture/equipment and any other potential hazards. Inform Home Manager of actions taken.
• Clear signs, snow & grit the paths/steps.
• Cut grass & keep sheds, out buildings tidy.
• Keep records of fire test, call point checks, temperatures and adhere to company policies on daily/weekly & monthly checks.
• Driving duties as required.
• Ensure all equipment is clean, well maintained & replace is necessary or applicable.
• ‘On call’ for emergencies.
Here are some of the can benefits we can offer:
• Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
• 24 hour Telephone Employee Assistance Programme helpline
• Online discounted vouchers for several companies
• Opportunity for progression within the company
• Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence
• On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams
• Refer a friend scheme
If you think you have the right skills and attitude to deliver the best quality of care within our homes, then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Hillcrest Care Home on 01603 626073.
Please take a look at our careers page at www.larchwoodcare.co.uk
Closing date: 7.6.2020